Friday, June 11, 2010

Peace

My cousin Eric came home last night. After seven months in Afghanistan, Emily received the best birthday present ever: a hug from her brother. I feel relief and joy as I view this picture below. He is safe and in the arms of the ones who love him most.
Thank you, soldiers, for giving your lives to sacrifice for my freedom. I pray for the families and friends of those who serve. I've always been patriotic, proud to be an American... but today, the feeling is a little bit stronger.
Ari is proud to be the granddaughter and great-granddaughter of men who served.

May peace come soon, even if it means the return of the Peacemaker.

3 comments:

The Myricks said...

i opened that email and saw his eyes and the tears that were in them when this picture was take and i was overwelmed with pride and gratitude! so amazing. i could never do it, they are so humble and brave!

Anonymous said...

good stuff Jen...it's family like you all that give us vets the momentum to serve...your support keeps us (them) going....

Anonymous said...

God Bless them all.... but especially family-both past and future! We know Ari will be raised as an USA patriotic citizen! PTL