Monday, August 20, 2007

Thoughts as a New Wife...

Ten Things I've learned/observed since becoming a wife:

10. A man will not know about, care to know or have an opinion on accent pillows on a bed.
9. Sleeping in is quality time.
8. No matter how many times you clean the sink, it probably wont stay clean.
7. Things that make a man feel 'settled' : comfort and relaxing places; things that make a woman feel 'settled' : pictures on the walls and flowers in a vase (even if they're fake)
6. Shop with your girlfriends...no matter how much your husband says he's enjoying himself, he's probably not.
5. Food is a love language.
4. You'll have to learn to just clean up after yourself or you will not enjoy life. "clean as you go" is not understood...
3. Marrying someone who has as many clothes as you do causes a serious organized closet problem.
2. One word: febreeze, three words: light a candle
1. Living with your best friend is really fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything...



This photo is a beautiful creation that Dan made of my "leftover's" at Sunday breakfast. I got up to use the restroom and Dan took my two bananas, two blueberries, one potato and a sliver of eggs and made me a really handsome piece of art. Oh the love I felt :)

(Seriously though, even if Dan doesnt understand mixing neutrals and florals, he is a very good husband who lets me cook crazy things and still manages to clean the kitchen for me. We're a team and I love it!).

No comments: