Monday, August 20, 2007

Thoughts as a New Husband...

Jenny has inspired me to be a more frequent blogger, and her tribute to me was so nice that I was moved to return the love. ;)

Ten Things I've learned/observed since becoming a husband:

10. Cuddling/spooning while sleeping does not work...apparently I squirm too much and we both like our space.
9. Leave the toilet seat down and the shower curtain closed.
8. Compromise is best...
7. Don't shop for groceries when hungry...you will spend more than your budget allows. :/
6. I often forget to tidy up the kitchen and bathroom after making a mess...
5. It's lots of fun to do nothing around the apartment.
4. Our definitions/standards of "clean" and "organized" can be very different!
3. Laughter is a great remedy.
2. Sometimes the best thing to do is just shut up and do what she says!
1. Marriage is well worth it-- even the silly fights-- because they are temporary and in the end I'm still living with my best friend.


Even though some of the 10 things above would make it seem like all we do is argue and goof around, we actually do have a great time together and love marriage. It is definitely hard work, and lots of sacrifice, but when you come home on your first day of school (teacher work day) and your wife has surprised you with a "Happy First Day!" banner, sign, picked flowers and delicious cupcakes, all the silly fights melt away pretty fast. I love marriage and enjoy the journey Jenny and I are on together. If she stays as thoughtful and beautiful as she is in this picture, I'll not only be fatter from all the cupcakes, but one lucky man!

2 comments:

Todd and Rebecca said...

You two are so sweet to each other! That is wonderful. It sounds like you are enjoying yourselves...as you should!

Anonymous said...

Even an ole fart with no compassion thinks the two of you are pretty cool...and Dan, you have learned fast...especially that part about just listening to her right off the bat....