Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Potty Training

I can't decide which is more frustrating & difficult: those first 6 weeks of infant nursing/no sleeping/crying/healing from labor
OR
potty training a strong-willed toddler.

Phew.
We've tried most techniques found in books and heard from others. I blocked off the couches and then we'd have accidents in safer areas. We have Elmo big girl panties. We have cookies and cupcakes. We have shown movies and read potty books. We got her a small (low to the ground) potty so she's comfortable. We have a Dora-seat to put on the adult one. There's been talk of Elmo cake and raisins. Basically, its a work in progress and I'm not going to complain. It was our decision to start potty training and we'll keep at it.

The good news: she's adorable in her panties, has peed and pooped on the potty numerous times and tells me when she's going. Time will tell and we're not giving up! This too shall pass right? I'm not wishing her to grow up in any way.

9 comments:

Katy said...

Right there with you. We've had to back off a little because of how sick I am( require iv fluids a few times a week to compensate for being unable to drink fluids consistently). We do stickers and potty dances. Have special underwear and have had some pees in the potty. It feels like a constant dance between being consistent and not pushing. Ari sounds like she will have it down soon though!

Katy said...

Oh, forgot to say, I love the candor of this post! So comforting to know other moms feel the same frustrations.

The Myricks said...

I think we should all enjoy the freedom of running around in our elmo panties! Youre doing great and Ari is having fun!

Anonymous said...

She looks so comfortable on her "throne"...Sports Illustrated for Kids subscription on the way.

Anonymous said...

Potty training was my 2nd most frustrating stage of motherhood. I totally understand. It WILL pass and you'll love watching her little independent self take care of her business! LOL!

BEX

lauren said...

oh my goodness, I cannot imagine Ari being strong-willed. She's so compliant and obedient!!! But maybe in the potty-room, it was a different story. :)

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm let me get those cute little knickers of poppet I bet I can make your pu--y feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good

Anonymous said...

mom can I get a video showing her sweet littlepussy while she pees, I get my niece to drink as much as I can so she wants to go potty , I love pulling hher legs open and seeing hercunt as she pees, still young enough I can lick hercunt clean after and finger her without her telling, kiddysex is hot

Anonymous said...

Oh hell yeah, I would love to see that