Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ari's Favorites


Every toddler has his/her preferences or favorites (of the week, day or hour). Ari's favorite lovie is her bunny. Her favorite fruit, grapes. She likes her purple shoes and pushing the shopping cart. She prefers her socks off of her feet and her toes, pink.

Consistently, Ari wants to sing the Buses song. The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round. We got bored pretty quick with the wheels, wipers, driver, horn and baby so we've made up our own versions and visitors on the bus. Ari has too. The same people make the cut when I sing the buses song and when Dan does: Uncle Dave, Aunt Katie and Uncle Todd. I'll start by singing "The ____ on the bus says ____" and she'll fill in the blanks. Sorry to those who don't make it but trust me, you're requested and remembered at different times and for different things ('talk Aunt Shell, Ella-- computer').

Ari's memory is impeccable and she can tell me which baby/child goes with which Aunt/Uncle pair and who is who in all the family pictures. "Aunt Bex with Zachy and Allie." She even surprised me the other day when my computer slide show was on when a photo of her Great Grandma Haller came through. She yelled "GiGi!" I was so surprised. She remembers my Grandma Claire's dog's name too: Biscuit. Crazy! She remembers the name of a dog we saw at the park "Nikki" and says "Bye Bye Nikki" because we had to leave. She remembers that my dad drilled a hole in the table out back for an umbrella. "Grandpa theeeiiis hole." Ari remembers who purchased what gifts for her "Shoes, Baba got" and "Kitchen, Grammy got". I could go on with story after story of her intelligence and memory. She's a smart one.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Adorable! Now that's some smart North Carolina headwear: warm in enough in winter and cool in summer. haha!!

Anonymous said...

Does the headware belong to Dan?

Jenny Haller said...

Haha! No.

Anonymous said...

Love this picture of daddy and his girls. I am so glad you teach her about her family. They all love her and are proud of her. She is precious!