Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Halloween Post

Chipotle, the burrito place, has had for two years in a row, an opportunity to get $2.00 burritos! Last year, we were s'mores! Well, this year, the challenge was to dress up in support of small family farms.
Using the internet as a resource, I found a few ideas to make a couple of chicken costumes.
Here I am with my hatched chick and my baby chick. Super easy (less than $10 total) and really cute!

We did not go trick or treating, just out to eat and to bed!
(I dont know why this is underlined! annoying)


Ari's costume is a white boa cut and safety-pinned to a white sweater. I used washable paint in her mohawk. Her feet are cut-up Forever 21 bags (which are a perfect yellow color)!

So fun and cute our little chickies!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Oh good gracious I am LAUGHING and OOOooh'ing and AAHHh'ing over your little chickies!! I'm sorry, Jenny, but you are way more crafty-creative than you think!

The Myricks said...

winner of best costumes EVER! seriously, these are so adorable, and so is your little family! love love love this.

Dave Haller said...

Hysterical! Love both of the costumes. Very clever.

Anonymous said...

SOOO cute!!!! They are both adorable anyway, but add those great costumes and it's just too much!!
Love it!

BEX

Anonymous said...

I SIMPLY LOVE THOSE COSTUMES...I DIDN'T SEE THE FEET BEFORE. AND THE ONE OF ASHLYN IN THE BUCKET.... OMGOODNESSHOWCUTEISTHAT?
REALLY CUTE AND CREATIVE JEN....KEEP THOSE GENES GOING. LOVE IT!