Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Florida Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving in Florida. Quite possibly the best weather ever. Gorgeous breezes, sunny and cloudy afternoons. Naps with all the doors open... And "Schimmin" in the warm pool (heated)!

Great Grammy Claire came too and brought her homemade goodies like tutu-tutus for the girls and Panda! So wonderful to spend time with her and the Eakers, Myricks and of course, Grammy and Grandpa.


Loads of good food. Sorry, no photos of turkey and fixin's...just my favorite breakfast of French Toast and fruit. Diets were broken, with severe pleasure. Key lime pie was out-of-this-world. I dream about it.

Ari was so brave in the water. Fearless actually. Just walked right in and let the foamy and frothy November water splash and pummel her chunky little legs. Dan had a good time too boogie boarding in the ocean and running into the glass door... oh, and seeing how competitive my family is in cards (Rebecca and I won Nerts-Woop woop!!)

Ella Grayce was there in her sweet sweet spirit, generously giving out wet kisses to Ashlyn.

Zac and Allie are always entertaining and playing with Ari. She loves to watch them play and tries her best to keep up. All the kids were awake and hyper ready to go at 7am! Also, I'd like to note how much I love the way the kids say "Awww, she's soo cuuute" to Ashlyn.

Here are Grammy and Grandpa with their lovely brood (note the Notre Dame attire, bad luck obviously in our loss to Stanford).

We had a fantastic time and thank you for all the food, gifts, fun times, laughter and a place to stay. It was crazy-but-wonderful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And check out those leggins on Ari!!!

The Myricks said...

Fabulous time!

Anonymous said...

Ari looks so pretty in that first picture! My kids are still talking about "how cute" Ashlyn & Ella are!!

BEX

Bill said...

I'll take the 2 granddaughters--Ari and Ashlyn-- and one order of the french toast please!

Anonymous said...

Had a "MARVELOUS" time with my greats. They are a delight and sure do light up my life! Of course the grands made me happy too! Love you all, even grammie and papaw!