Wednesday, November 23, 2011

5 Months!


Five Months!

Might me one of my favorite baby months. I remember Ari at this age; they grow so quickly. Ashlyn is such a little chunky little muffin. Her skin is so soft and her demeanor is sweet, gentle and kind. She doesn't even shout much when she's hungry. She just whines, grunts and moans. No shrieking or shouting (like her sister!). Ashlyn does NOT sleep well though. Naps are sporadic and infrequent. She wakes up frequently in the night and though she falls asleep after eating, I'm not able to get her to sleep longer than 5 or 6 hours at a time. I.AM.TIRED.

What she lacks in sleep consistency, she makes up for in smiles. This girl never stops smiling. She laughs, giggles and talks all day long! Ashlyn smiles with her mouth wide open, like she's shouting. Her toothless little gums are such a sweet sweet feature.

Ashlyn loves to roll around on the floor. She'll spot something and roll towards it till she grabs it and puts it directly into her mouth! The girls are learning to share and are beginning to play well together. They giggle often at each other making my heart melt daily.

Ashlyn might sprout a tooth earlier than Ari (7 mo) but we'll see. She is chewing on everything. Ashlyn loves her bunny and the taggie ball. She loves to stand in the exercauser thingy and stands there while I cook! She is a great baby and brings much joy in our home!


6 comments:

Barb said...

What a sweetie. And you are wonder woman, finding time to post!

lauren said...

What a cutie! I'll be praying she sleeps better...sounds like Jones. Although I hope she sleeps longer than 40 minutes for a nap before the 13 months mark. Though 5-6 hours is still awesome - I don't think we got there for another month, at least. Although I know you are so tired...I think it's a joke that "they" say 5-6 hours is sleeping through the night. CRAZY not if you ask me! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

such a pretty face

The Myricks said...

love her eyes!

Aunt Tina said...

I see some of Mitch in the pics of Ari. She is much cuter!! :)

Anonymous said...

my fav position for a baby girl is nappy change time when she sucks her toes and her tiny c--t is in full view, LOVE licking baby c--t