Sunday, June 12, 2011

Updates:

Schools OUT for the Summer (insert tunes here)... Dan's in Ohio at a wedding and yep, I'm still
pregnant... But, ready for Baby H2. Bag packed, tiny diapers purchased, a little nook in our room for her 'stuff', take home outfit picked out... the only thing we need is a NAME! (no Mitch, Gertrude is not an option anymore).

(excuse the poor quality of photo, it was taken on my phone)

We had/have a late spring cold. Our noses were stuffed and runny at the same time; we coughed and snuggled and watched Finding Nemo a few times. "Just keep swimming; just keep swimming...."
Our last day with Aunt Jennifer as our Monday babysitter is tomorrow. We will be very very sad to not have her and I KNOW Ari will miss her. I'm sure the feeling is mutual, Jennifer is such a good friend, helpful, loving and kind (and she loves to grow her own food too!) We'll miss her!

Another Jennifer, who is very very pregnant (due in 6 days) and I went out for breakfast with Ari and when we went to leave, my van was gone! Towed. Something tells me if those guys knew two very pregnant women and a baby were just enjoying some eggs and potatoes before the heat wave of noon came, they wouldn't have towed my van. I felt very discriminated against (though they're just 'doing their job') because I have a car seat and everything in there. Ugh. Annoying. Thankfully, Jennifer's husband was home (and their infant car seat made-do for the short 4 mile hike to the above compound). Yes, that is our blue minivan being guarded by an evil fence and dog photo (dogs unseen/unheard).
Dont know if you recall but Dan's car was STOLEN while I was in the hospital at 36 weeks pregnant with Ari. Ridiculous. What is it about full-term pregnancy car issues?

House update (no photo here): we had an offer, we made a counter offer and she accepted. As of right now, we are in a due diligence period until July 6th. During this time, surveyors are coming, inspections are being done and our house is technically still for sale; but our realtor has confidence that this buyer WILL workout and we will close on July 20th. Busy, busy summer ahead!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so where r u moving to??

Anonymous said...

And Gertrude Delores Haller was a name with so much potential too...I'm sad.

-d said...

"My goodness" about the car. I certainly hope whomever called the tow-truck company felt bad when they saw you both out there looking for the car.

Peace to you all for Dan's trip home (in time) and for a safe, healthy delivery of H2.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet the overall cost of that breakfast was pretty high then.

Jill Hamilton said...

I am a little behind on the blog reading, but so glad to hear about the offer on the house!