Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spring Visiting

Well, I briefly mentioned in my last post about birds chirping in my dryer. It seems to me that a starling darling decided to open some real estate in my vent. First, she built her own nest and harvested 4 beautiful blue eggs. Then, she proceeded to fill the vent of my dryer and all the way out of the house with enough debris to build 4 more nests. Unfortunately, we had to take some action to save MY motherly duties and prayerfully, the nest we placed in the bushes will survive to save HER motherly duties. Thankfully, my parents came to my rescue.

Zach, Allie and Rebecca came to visit too for my baby shower and naturally, had to take some family pics with Grammy.
We had three children and three adults trying to get them to smile/look normal... we obviously got some crazy shots like this one:

Grandpa took the kids on a little nature hike/exploration to catch some bugs and see the sights. Ari walked and acted like one of the big kids following Z & A everywhere. She loves her cousins and its adorable how excited she gets when they are here.

It was a nice relaxing mothers day and I was blessed to have Rebecca and my mom here to celebrate it. We missed Raschelle and wished her a happy FIRST mother's day!

4 comments:

The Myricks said...

that is incredible that you had that nest in there. how neat. but weird all at the same time. that mamma bird needs a lesson where to put her babies! love the pics of the kiddos with grammy!

Anonymous said...

That nest is so pretty with those blue eggs. Hope the momma bird is ok with the relocation after all her hard work!
Ari's smile is so cute in those pics.


BEX

Barb said...

Well pretty eggs or not, nesting birds can be an annoyance! Hope they're gone for good.

Sweet pics!

Anonymous said...

It's more fun to be silly than pose for a picture. Shelley did well tho. Glad the birds are gone....bad news! Ari will always keep up with those cousins and when Ella comes along, Ari will help her! OR maybe boss her?????