Friday, May 21, 2010

No Pink Necessary

If you've known me more than an hour, you will see that my passions include health, sports, books, food and nature. Nowhere in that mix you'll find purses, shoes, jewelry or makeup. Yes, I do like a nice pair of heels and a cute bag to go along side a pretty ring and some mascara but you wont find a lot of pink clothing. I don't hate pink, it just isn't my favorite. I never even wore purple until Dan told me he liked girls in purple (specifically, pastels...).

So alas, my daughter's room is brown, lavender and white. She has a few pink items in her closet but they are mostly the colors of the flowers on her dresses. I like her in green, which in baby world shouts 'gender neutral'. My carseat/stroller caboose is grey and red. It doesn't shout girl but also doesn't have to be boy.

Everyday, I get some comment from someone, somewhere. Comments like: How cute is your baby boy! How old is he? Look at that sweet boy.

"What's your baby's name?" To which I answer, Ari. "Ohhh, he's adorable and so alert."

Okay, so I don't go above and beyond to show her gender but, seriously people, look at this face, does she not look so beautiful and feminine?
It is really okay. I don't mind it. Dan and I wanted to give her a unique name and a unique style (while we can at least control her 'choices') so, she wears white, blue, brown, red, green, yellow, purple and even...pink.

All right, I'll admit, it was fuchsia.


Bottom line: she is gorgeous.


And here she is, enjoying (?) our first fruits from the garden!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that lady bug shirt. My favorite...
She's so cute all smiley!!

BEX

Barb said...

Fun post and cute photos! The hands. Look at a baby's hands. That's how you tell 'boy' or 'girl.' (-:

The Myricks said...

SHE is beautiful regardless if people think SHE is a boy. and just smack anyone when they say that...itll make em realize shes a girl! loove that last picture! peas are the best!!! or is that a green bean? either way they are both good! love you and LOVE her! see you in two weeks!!!!

Claire said...

Enjoys? Not so sure. Her g-mother used to get the same comments. She didn't have hair until she was 18 months,,,,,then not very much. She was beautiful too, still is like her grand daughter Ari...ooops Allie too.