Saturday, May 15, 2010

Daddy's random happenings

My attempts at growing my hair out were fruitless, and I realize that I'll probably forever have short hair (not a bad thing!). I thought we'd have some fun while buzzing it and make a mohawk. Not bad, but it's not my look.

Meanwhile, it was teacher appreciation week. My room mom went above-and-beyond, and it turned out great! When I got to school one day, below is the scene that greeted me. Each student's picture with a handwritten card is on the right, and on my door was a clever note involving 20-some types of candy! There is some overlap in the pictures, but hopefully you can read it. If not, I posted what it says below. I felt very appreciated, to say the least!


Thank you Mr. Haller! It is such an ALMOND JOY when you teach all about the WHATCHAMACALLITs and STARBURSTs! You are a SWEETTART for everything you do! We know we sometimes act like AIRHEADS and NERDS. Occasionally our parents act like they're from somewhere beyond the MILKY WAY! It must be hard to contain your SNICKERS when your SUGAR BABIES tell WHOPPERS of a tale and MOUNDS of stories. You deserve !)) GRAND every PAYDAY and a shopping SPREE on 5th AVENUE! Sometimes it must seem all you do is SKOR papers. Most days you probably want to run home like BABY RUTH! Thank you Mr. Haller! You are the RIESEN we are SMARTIES instead of DUM-DUMS. You are our LIFESAVERS! So TAKE 5 and enjoy! With HUGS and KISSES, your 2009-2010 4th grade class.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Dan, you deserve all of those thanks. I don't know anyone who works as hard as you! I'm glad they showed you appreciation!


BEX

Barb said...

Awesome! These moms have the gift of encouragement ... really neat! And they know you like candy. LOL. Congrats, Mr. Haller, on your third year of teaching!

Barb said...

Dang it. I love your wavy hair!