Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sunday Adventure




When I was dating Dan, I envisioned our future as one of travelers, adventure-seekers and lovers.  I saw us on airplanes, on missions and in constant motion. We loved going to REI and we love (still) looking at maps and reading books about wars and people. And despite what his roommates thought, we actually were studying and watching historical movies and documentaries.  ;) We are big dreamers and still are... and we are definitely in constant motion!



Our dreams just include two little mini-minis and their sweet spirits are full of adventure too.  This weekend, we tapped a bit of our adventurous sides and headed up the road to Crowders Mountain.  We've hiked the other 'mountain' before (King's Mountain) with the Haller's but we wanted to try this one out on Ari. The trail was 0.7 miles up strenuous as described by the guides. Ari frequently would sit down and say, "I'm done walking now."  So funny.


I carried Ashlyn in the Moby wrap for the way up and it wasn't so bad. She would squeal, kick and jump up and down at every dog we saw and that was tough but also funny.  Ari commented on every single person in her own quirky ways "Girl drinking water from her water bottle." "Those boys running fast."  "Nice girl marching."  Then proceeded to continue to shout "March" at the lady walking intensely with her walking sticks. The lady thought it was hilarious and was generous with conversation.


Dan is more of a 'get to the top of the hike and then relax' guy. On our honeymoon, he wanted to spend hours looking at the views on the massive hike we did. I do too but in my head I still have to get all the way down!  Thankfully, we switched packs and Dan got to carry Ashlyn in the wrap. She looved it and was super cute with him (who needs Ryan Gosling when you got this guy?) :)

Cuties

We really enjoyed our Father's Day hike. Maybe it will be a new tradition! 


(Special Hello/Happy Fathers Day to my Dad in Japan! Hope you're having a good time and enjoying the many blog posts I've been doing... just for you :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...called me out in your blog...why thank you. I surely appreciate the blog, and the fact that you are outside and enjoying God's creation with your family is a blessing to me. You two have your heads screwed on straight. And your kids see it, know it, and love it. What a family. Wish I could join you....if you were here you could climb Mt Fuji with me...ha.

Barb said...

This post made me LAUGH out loud. I am picturing Ari, shouting 'march!' to a complete stranger. hahahaa! Parenthood sure humbles you, huh? So great you enjoyed the adventure!

Anonymous said...

CUTE pics!! And that pic of all 4 of you...someday, you'll all look at it and say, "Wow, look how young we were!" Love it

BEX

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I would be with Ari saying "I'm done walking now!" Probably not, as no one would carry me.. :). I love to walk and I love the hills. Glad you enjoy the outdoors. Maybe one day I can hike some with you.

-d said...

Those are the best kinds of memories--all together spending time in God's good earth!