Friday, June 15, 2012

Ari: Almost 2.5

I decided to change things up once Ari became a toddler and instead of doing monthly updates with stats and pictures, I am going to take a video interview with her. Because she is talking so much and I want to remember what she says and her little ways, we'll occasionally take video of what she does to document these wonderful developmental monuments of vocal proportions.  On specific birthdays/half birthdays, I'll ask her the same type of questions to see how her mind changes through the years.
Here's one:






Some things that Ari has said/done lately that I'd like to document:

-I taught her that thunder is God saying "hey". At the time of the storm, I couldn't think of anything else to say. I now regret telling not her the truth about what thunder... Because a week later in the LIBRARY, a big thunder boomed and she yelled "HI JESUS!!!!"

-She corrected someone once when they said she was naked. She said "No, I am not nakey, I am wearing big girl panties".

-Whenever we are in public places, Ari will walk up to people and wave and say "HI". Sometimes, she'll even say "Hi, nice boy or nice girl".  She is not shy one little bit (My parents tell me that I was like this).

-We were watching Star Wars the other evening when Ari wasn't in the mood for bedtime. We let her sit with us for a while and she asked "What's happening?" every 2.9 seconds.  I kept trying to make it clear to her what was actually happening and I asked her what she saw when there were spaceships in battle. She said "Bumble bees and a pickle."

-This is kind of an Ashlyn-development but still cute: When we go over the railroad tracks (to get anywhere out of our neighborhood), Ari likes to say, "Bump, Bump." Well, lately, Ari will go around to everyone in the car and make them say it as well. "Dadda, say Bump Bump." Mamma, Ashlyn, etc... The other day, Ashlyn answered!! She said, using two syllables even, "Bump Bump."  !!!



4 comments:

The Hallers said...

Yeah! This is so cute. I really like that she says, "umm, how about ____". She is going to love this!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I too love the "how about". SUch a sweet little person. Love her dearly!

The Myricks said...

Momma Jenny! So cute! and have to agree with all above..."how bout"...so sweet!

Barb said...

Great idea ... because otherwise you will forget her speech, sayings, and the "little" things. Thanks for sharing! Precious.