Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dinner Chaos

For those of you who were wondering how that sweet girl in the previous post could be one little cranky pants, allow me to demonstrate.  Here she is screaming at dinner time because she'd eaten her 'appetizer' and I wasn't cooking dinner fast enough.  Impatience is an understatement. This is a 10 second video but it continued for at least 12 minutes until her chicken and rice were cooled off enough to eat.  Ari was even concerned and kept asking her if she was okay.  Nothing would console Ashlyn, trust me, I tried.


The second video is of them both. Ari says her letter "I" Bible verse (Be imitators of Jesus Christ). In which I usually follow it with "Jesus is kind, gentle, compassionate etc..." Clearly, Ari thinks Ashlyn needs to hear it!  


Oh, managing dinnertime is one serious test of patience!!

  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard the word "imitators" pronounce so cutely before....(is cutely a word?)

Nice job at dinner...smartly I noticed that Dan was nowhere to be found.

Anonymous said...

HA! im-ma-tay-ters is SUPER cute!! So fun.
Also, LOL at Jenny giving her kids appetizers! Very nice!

BEX

The Myricks said...

Fav post yet! Love how your teaching her her letters! With a Jesus twist!

Dave Haller said...

Ha! Ari coming down hard on Ashlyn with some scripture!

Barb said...

Oh my word, hilarious! It brings back chaotic dinner memories for me. The girls' Uncle Mark was especially impatient for his dinner. He ate lots of frozen peas, right out of the bag, in his high chair as I cooked. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Dinner time seems to be the time the whole day comes to a climax! I still think you are making it all up, all I saw was 10 seconds. Come on Jen, that sweet little plump girl couldn't act like that for 12 minutes...12 minutes...!!! Love it that Ari is learning verses. They will be with her forever and ever!!! Good job!

Karen Dawkins said...

We used to cool Ben's food in the freezer so he didn't scream so long. Enjoy that strong-willed girl. She won't be a pushover on the playground when she gets bigger! :)