Tuesday, February 2, 2010

One Month!

Hey fans, I am 1 month old today. I cant remember much that has happened the past month, mommy and I have been sleeping a lot. I am certainly happy to be here, finally! Some updates on my stats
  • I am so tall! I am over 20 inches now and I certainly love to flail my arms and legs. I also kick daddy and mommy when they hold me. They have big dreams for my height.
  • I am getting chunky too! I am over 7lbs 8oz and I no longer fit in my Newborn size onesies or pajamas (but the 0-3 months are too big!)
  • I am eating full time with mommy, she supplies the goods!
  • Daddy loves changing my diaper. He thinks I'm cute.
  • I like my jungle swing. Its a gift from my cousins Zach and Allie. I sleep well in my swing, its peaceful.
  • When Mommy holds me on her shoulder to burp me, I can hold my head up! For about 2 seconds! I'm getting stronger everyday.
  • I love my cloth diapers, they are soft and cozy. Though I don't wear them at night, Mommy's scared of messes.
  • I sleep for about 3-4 hours at a time. I prefer to sleep in someone's arms but sometimes, they trick me and swaddle me really tight and I don't know that no one is with me in the crib. I am too tired to fight it... but they don't fool me.
  • I grunt. I think its because they named me after a ferocious animal... it comes naturally. I grunt and gargle and coo with gusto especially if I have to pass gas (no feminine characteristics yet, I even spit up on all things pink... )
  • I have a full set of gorgeous eyelashes.
  • I still can't figure out how to get my nails short enough; I keep scratching my face! I get really excited right when I start eating and I grunt, gnash my face and squirm until I feel full (Mommy hopes and prays this goes away!). I try to contain myself but I end up scratching all over.
  • I love baths, sweet kisses and daddy's humming.
  • I can make eye contact and I look for Mom and Dad's voices when I hear them.
I'm aware that its the 2nd of February when I'm typing this but Sunday was a rough night and we were gone most of Monday... we're celebrating her 1 month a day late!

9 comments:

The Myricks said...

omgoodness this is amazing!! i feel so outta the loop with her growing so fast!!! can we skype soon? im sorry im a loser auntie. ill get better. love you three! shes beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like she is waving in the last picture. I love reading all the things she does. Keeps me up with her progress. Sounds like a good, precious, loved baby to me. Thanks for being good-loving parents for Ari Taylor. Jennifer Elaine...a mother! Whew! Great job Jen.....and Dan.

Anonymous said...

She is so dang cute!! Love her little picture sittin' up (kinda).
Smiles -

BEX

Barb said...

New baby Ari, new parents, new year, new blog design! All beautiful! Thanks for the updates.
love, grandma baba

Anonymous said...

She is so cute, Dan & Jenny! And she looks adorable in her little cloth diapers - our boys love them too! :) I bet you can't believe she's already a month old - precious little girl! Loved seeing her for a sec at church. -Lauren P.

Karen Dawkins said...

Oh how adorable! Can't wait for the next update.

Catherine said...

She is so beautiful! And I'm super impressed that you're doing cloth diapers... you go!

N and J McKee said...

Yay! Great developmental milestones already :) Especially for language...coos, eye contact and turning to familiar voices! Love it! Love you all!

-Jamie

The Hallers said...

Happy Birthday, Ari!

She's getting so big and still SO cute!! :)

All our love,

M&J

P.S. I LOVE the new blog layout!