Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A friendship's beginning

Ari has a new friend that she received as an [early] Christmas present. Her name is Raggedy Ann. Ari's Great Grammy Claire made her with love, including her heart. So sweet and special to me because I remember playing with my Ann as a girl.
Ari calls her doll 'Dan' because she just found out Dan's name and has therefore donned Ann, 'Dan'. Confusing, yes but I know it will change.

She likes Ann to eat with her and to sit on the potty. She carries her outside and plays chalk with her. Ann has eaten oatmeal and cheese and was allowed to play in the fort today to read books.

Ann has red yarn hair, a triangle nose, red and white stockings and a permanent smile. Ann is currently wearing a diaper and Ari lies her down to change her when I am changing Ashlyn. Ari really cares for Ann. (We have a monopoly on all A names, by the way).

I love this new friendship and am amazed at how Ari is learning to play. Thankfully, she's never alone because Ann is there with her. Thank you, Grammy Claire, for making her.

8 comments:

-d said...

Ari is so sweet. I'm glad Raggedy Ann "Dan" is still around. (I loved mine!)

Barb said...

How very precious, Ari's new friend. Thank you, GG-Claire! Such a tenderly written post.

The Myricks said...

Ragedy Ann to Ari like Spaceship to Jenny!

lauren said...

So sweet!!!

Bonnie Hudson said...

Such cute pictures! A great post, Jenny.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I love the name Dan for that doll. Ari looks so cute too!

BEX

Anonymous said...

The friendship is priceless and the Ari's outfit is priceless! The pleasure of making "Dan" was all mine! Love the post, thanks Jen!

Jenny Haller said...

YES! Spaceship :)