Friday, September 2, 2011

Twenty Months

20 Months!!

Ari's favorite hobby is still reading books! She is adorable when she opens it up and will tell you what is on each page. She has learned many, many new words and our current favorites are: yellow (lell-lo), much (for I love you THIS MUCH), hold you (holdchuew), broccoli (bra-key), the elephant sound (hand as a nose, phssht), wash, green, blue, red. She is working on her colors and is starting to grasp the concept. Oh, the wheels in that brain are moving and its amazing to watch it unfold each day. We wouldn't trade it for anything.

She still kisses upon request and has now expanded her imaginary play to include her stuffed toys to kiss one another. So sweet. She carried Elmo in the Baby Bjorn and loves to tend to her animals and brush their hair. She loves to play with chalk and the hose. She crawls under the tables and plays hide and seek with Dan. They also built their first fort this past week!
Ari is learning her letters and numbers but no rush... I don't want my baby to grow up so fast.

Being a Toddler is so exhausting! Ari is climbing around on everything and she gets her little sticky hands into all the "no" things in the house. She loves to carry around the fly swatter and swat imaginary flies on the windows. SO funny. She has 8 teeth on top and 8 teeth on the bottom. All of a sudden, a new tooth just pops up! She hasn't been affected by these at all! She is still sleeping 7-7 and is such a joy in the morning. That she gets from me! Ha. She imitates alot of the things that we do like gestures or facial expressions. We are making an impact! (which means we have to watch what we say and do much more...) My favorite 'sound' is when you ask her to choose something to do or choose between two shirts, she'll say "hmmmm" like she's pondering what it is she wants. Such a grown up.

She is super tall and uses those legs to run and finally does not trip when she takes off! She has peed in the potty a few times and we are working on it each day. She loves to play with my jewelry and likes to help Dan do projects around the house with tools. Ari loves dancing and doing 'somersaults' on the floor. We are loving this age and each day Ari surprises us with a new word or phrase, action or gesture.

8 comments:

The Myricks said...

that last picture is a view into the future when she wants something :) will be hard to say no!

Barb said...

As exhausting as this age is, it's great that you are enjoying her and appreciating the wonder of Ari's new words and comprehension. Cool, cool! Thank you for taking time for these posts because I know your days are full! (And what neat thing for her to read someday.)

Anonymous said...

Grandchildren just amaze me, and this little darling is no different. When the stresses of the day or week get to me, like they did today, I know I can take a peek at one of my three daughters' blogs and see one of my five grandkids and it makes everything else seem so un-important. Thank God that there are creative people in this world that use social media the right way. And thank You God for dedicated parents who are raising their kids as if they are gifts from You. Z,A,A,E and A...I love you.

Karen Dawkins said...

I'm so impressed that you continue to provide updates. What a thoughtful mom!!!! My poor Ellie has no clue when anything happened in her life -- I'm not sure I wrote a single thing down!

Keep it up, Jen!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ari has such personality. I can't imagine what it will be like in a few months when Ashlyn's personality is revealed.

Anonymous said...

This age is so delightful. She is so blessed to have her parents enjoy her new season of life. What a blessing for her to someday "read" all about her life. She is a dear great-grand child and I am so blessed. Thanks Jen for taking the time to blog, so I can keep up with her. Love U Ari Taylor

Anonymous said...

I LOVE them just in a cloth nappy it feels so good having my hand inside rubbing the bald c--t as the soft nappy rubs my hand, I have a niece about her age I love feeling her pu--y

Anonymous said...

I agrre I would love to strip her and lick her pu--y