Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Help



Wow. What can I say? Dan and I are certainly blessed with some seriously loving family.
Thankfully, my dad was here for when we went into labor. He had been here during that week working from my house and helping out with Ari and getting us ready for baby H2. When we went into labor, he was so excited and supportive of us as we got ready to leave. Thanks for all your help Dad! Ari misses her 'bonk' buddy!

Then my mom came to help out too and nothing excites my mom more than itty bitty babies. While my mom was here, Ashlyn lost her umbilical cord so we could give her a bath. She helped clean the house and do the laundry. She also cooked and entertained all my family for the 4th. Thanks for the help mom!

And our last visitor recently was Baba, Dan's mom. She came all the way from the cabin in Michigan! She helped cook us some meals and played with Ari non-stop. She made one of Dan's favorite: homemade chicken pot pie! Playing with Ari is a full time job but she penciled in some Ashlyn time too!

Thanks to all of my "Help"! I missed you tonight when Ari was running around naked and peed on the fancy glider while at the same time Ashlyn was screaming with hunger, had spit up all over and a poopy diaper! I dont know how Mom and Barb did it with two babies under 16 months.

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can"



3 comments:

John said...

If anyone can do it with two under 18 months...it's you girlfriend. You are doing a remarkable job and God is definitely going to give you the strength (and peace of mind) amidst it all...poopy diapers, moving boxes, and all!
L

Anonymous said...

I did it too....we are all amazing..LOL! I knew the Lord gave you two in a row knowing you could/can do it! Yes, HE will give you the strength and the wisdom to do all you need to do for these two precious little girls. God bless you both, Jen and Dan!

Anonymous said...

I missed this blog due to your blogspot renovation. It's great to see (and live) life's lessons as they are passed from one to two, now three generations. You two are doing a great job, and your "Help" support team is truly blessed to help out. Please feel free to call on Shelley anytime you need help with those diapers and pee, and call on Me to entertain my two little buddies. Love all four of you....GP