Thursday, August 20, 2009

Baby Haller!

Today was a really really exciting today! Dan and I had been waiting till August 20th for quite some time... in fact, I havent slept in a week because I've been so anxious about it! Finally we saw our baby wiggle its fingers and toes, shake its huge Haller head and hear the thumping in all four heart chambers! We saw the spine, the stomach, a pair of kidneys, a healthy flow of blood from the umbilical cord and giggled as Baby Haller squirmed when I laughed. I cannot believe I hold a 9 oz., 6.5 inch baby in my abdomen!! He/She looks super healthy and has all working parts including a moving jaw that we saw chomping away!
Below is Baby Haller squished in my cantaloupe-sized uterus. Super cute!
We were privileged to have my mom and Zachary visit us for the ultrasound and it was amazing to see and hear their reactions. Zach noticed most obvious body parts and asked lots of questions while sitting on Uncle Dan's lap. My mom was thrilled to be able to see such vivid photos and experience her third grandbaby in this way! 19 weeks a thriving! Zach said the funniest things today including watching the baby on the screen he said, "I was on this show when I was a baby."

Dan is such a proud daddy already, taking care of me and taking care of the baby by feeding me and letting me sleep in. I am unbelievably blessed to be married to him and seeing his reaction to his baby on the screen squirming and thriving was priceless and unforgettable. Thanks for all of your encouragement and prayer as we've taken this journey... Exciting step stones to come!

11 comments:

The Myricks said...

omgoodness his/her whittle toes...and cute little noes! and whittle ears! omgoodness taking my breath away as i scroll over and over the pictures! perfect. beautiful. unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, this little life that God loves and has created just for you. Many, many blessings!
-Dove

Anonymous said...

thank you God and thank you Jen/Dan for sharing this little miracle with us...and Mom and the Z were there too...wow is all i can say...to celebrate i'm having a 2 lb T-bone tonight...ha

Barb said...

I think I feel faint! I think the little feet pic is my favorite. God is so good!

Anonymous said...

I like the little feet picture too!! So cute! Zachary really enjoyed the "show" with Aunt Jen's baby. Also, I've been looking at those pics & really trying hard to see if there's a way for me to find a little hint that might indicate gender. Dang!
Love ya
Bex

The Hallers said...

His/her little piggies are soo cuute-we are so happy and excited for you two!! :)

N and J McKee said...

Absolutely beautiful and perfect Dan and Jenny! Thank you for sharing your excitement :)

Marcia M. Ghali said...

So fun to see these images! Glad to hear you're feeling well, Jenny.

David said...

Can I be the first to say, "HEED! MOVE!"

Thank God he/she is healthy at the midway point. This is such a thrill. Thanks for keeping us updated and sharing the pictures. The three of you are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Jen-Jen DeGeyter Haller with a precious gift from God, alive and well, living inside her. Great to have a daddy and mommy like you two. Can't wait to see who we will love (well already do).

Anonymous said...

He agreed. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry ooutlet online[/url] Bulk REO trading is considered a big business of today. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose down coat[/url] Ptoypdssl
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora uk[/url] Bjlquucim [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose coats[/url] sflvyjwyf